When it comes to disease prevention, immunizations are key. Getting vaccinated protects you and those around you. Our main focus is to help you and your loved ones stay up-to-date on the recommended vaccines. We offer a variety of immunizations. Some of the vaccinations we offer are listed below:
Tdap or TD
Our highly qualified staff can easily administer these immunizations here at the pharmacy. Speak to a staff member today about the immunizations we offer.
COVID-19 ADDITIONAL DOSE (PFIZER AND MODERNA)
What You Need to Know:
- People with moderately to severely compromised immune systems are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, and may not build the same level of immunity to 2-dose vaccine series compared to people who are not immunocompromised.
- This additional dose intended to improve immunocompromised people’s response to their initial vaccine series.
- Although CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time, HHS has announced a plan to begin offering COVID-19 vaccine booster shots this fall.
- CDC recommends that people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days after a second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
Who Needs an Additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
Currently, the CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Please talk to your healthcare provider about your medical conditions, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for you. As of 8/13/2021, the FDA and CDC have said that other fully vaccinated individuals who are not moderately or severely immunocompromised do not need an additional dose at this time.
More information on the additional Pfizer and Moderna dose can be found here:
COVID-19 Vaccines for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised People | CDC
And more on what the difference is between an additional dose and a booster: